Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Peace, Love and Hugs until.....

Last week I went to see a woman called 'Amma' who many have been talking about. She goes around the world hugging people from dawn till dusk without toilet breaks and food/drink. I had to see what the fuss was about and to make a bit of loving mischief too.
You have to get a token if you want to be hugged. its free but there are thousands who go for hugs. She has a team of dozens of helpers who i think have hung out at her Ashram and they volunteer and sell stuff to support her work.
I got a sign made saying 'Free Massage' and stood in the hall and around 15 people came up to me and got a short massage before one of the organisers asked me if i had 'permission!' They asked if I had accreditation for giving massage and I said no. Eventually they said I was not allowed because the council required the names of anyone who was doing anything official 15 days prior.
I told them that I was into peaceful non compliance (they couldnt really hear what I was saying) and that I would meditate on the matter. I couldnt get clear so I phoned a friend (as you do) He said he had been to Amma and was disturbed by the control of her devotees. He suggested I get another sign reading 'Dont queue here' and stand somewhere in the hall. I decided instead to have some fun first. There were devotees (dressed in white mainly) running around the hall with white boards with messages like 'Volunteers needed for dish washing' or ' men needed to help in cloakroom' I 'borrowed' one of these boards and wrote 'Spiritual Woman needed for long term relationship' and went around the room holding it up and got lots of smiles and even a hug until one of the organisers approached me saying that I couldnt do it - I was wearing a hi vis jacket and it would 'confuse' people (Most of the people there looked pretty confused already!) I agreed to stop but then was approached by the local in house security woman who said that i had to take off the hi vis jacket or leave. My mother in law (not only a successful divorce lawyer but a self appointed psychologist) has diagnosed me with oppositional defiance disorder and it kicked in then. i told this woman that I was going to think about what to do. She said I couldnt do that and I angrily responded and said 'I am feeling angry' i will think about it' and went and sat down to decide what to do. The head f security then basically told me that I had to leave even though I had taken the jacket off. He said he had spoken to a swami and that they had told him to remove me. At this stage my disorder was kicking in even more so I ran towards where Amma was sitting knowing that the security would be rather reluctant to drag me out on front of everyone. So they sent one of the devotees who gently persuaded me to talk to the organisers which I did. They agreed that I could stay if i 'played by the rules' I managed to find one organiser by the name of Tony who 'got' what I was doing and admitted that the team here in the UK were just not ready for my sort of intervention. I felt this was an honest point.
Tony texted me later having seen the EOK vids saying that he loved them and reported that he had received 2 reports that 'someone had been going around with a sign asking for sex!!' He thought it was so amusing how people project their stuff onto life. Tony added 'If you were really getting offers of sex as a result of that sign I would have borrowed it myself and gone round with it !'
So I guess I need to accept that even the 'spiritual types,' myself included are where they are.

5 comments:

AlexFate said...

"it would 'confuse' people" - if you megaphoned an explanation do you think they would have allowed that? It feels to me that by saying it would confuse people could actually be a way (perhaps subconciously) to confuse/distract you Danny... Being no different in meaning to an official saying 'you can't stand here' - I would be interested to see how a person with synaesthesia might 'read these type of statements'...

Anonymous said...

until... forever!
i love all what you do Danny.
i hope someday we can live in a better world.. ;)

Daniel H said...

According to Wikipedia, Oppositional defiant disorder is defined as "an ongoing pattern of disobedient, hostile and defiant behaviour toward authority figures"

I suppose this really sums up what you often do out on the streets with your megaphone and what has brought you fame on the Internet through the videos you made with Charlie.

As you know many people see you as a hero figure, going out on the streets and standing up for our civil rights in the face of oppressive policing. I think it's interesting then, that a lot of your behaviour could largely just be your mental disorder kicking in.

I'm not sure I've worded this in a way that won't cause any unintended offence. I'm just making the observation that what we see isn't always the bigger picture.

Karrie Kay said...

Daniel H.- hey hun. i think a "mental disorder" is simply scientists, sphycologists and doctors trying to catagorize a specific behavior of a human being. its just them putting a name on a human behavior so as to be able to refer back to it time and time again so they may "try" and understand it. there are names for eeeeeverything. hehe the good and the bad. so danny mentioning his "mental disorder" is just him explaining a part of his personality that has been named/catagorized in the past by doctors, scientists, and sphycologists. a part of his human form. doesnt mean its bad man...

as far as dannys blog post-i have had a similair experience. the only two words i can come up with to describe it is creepy and humorous.
i was in Fairfield Iowa for about 5 months doing some organic farming and subconsciously allowing my being to be brain washed by a cult... for the expereince i suppose.
because right from the start if my critical thinking skills were working id have ran away because the meditation that EVERYONE in fairfield practices 2 times daily or more costs 1,500 dollars!! RUN! right? my brian should have been thinking CULT! lol but the bait "for me" (there are plenty of people that get it for free but most people actually pay that moeny lol) was that i was offered to learn the meditation for free in Nebraska because i was doing so much work (i was helping the ho chunk tribe get back in touch with the land through organic farming). 2 TM teachers lived there and i agreed to be taught. well i had so many questions about the meditation and the TM Movement (another light flashing telling me it is probably a cult) and my teacher couldnt answer them "to my liking" (anopther sign it was a cult...) so she suggested i go to iowa where the movement had set up a college. i was out and about exploring the earth whichever way the wind blew me so thats where i went. when i arrived i was pretty impressed. i started organic farming. everyone was convinced the meditation would lead to world peace because that is what their guru Maharishi Mahesh Yogi (yup. the guru that taught The Beatles lol) so i started believing it too hehe but then because nobody there could answer my questions either, i started looking online. i found that many believed the group was a cult and that after 50 years it still didnt create world peace and that the Maharishi had told everyone they would be enlightened after 3 years yet not a one was and that the Maharishis ashram was invaded by police becasue he was making illegal drugs and the list goes on and on. so i decided, im out of here! but i couldnt just leave everyone behind. they were blind and truely wanted world peace

Karrie Kay said...

(or m,aybe they subconsciously allowed themselves to be sucked in for the expereince who really knows i jsut knew who i was and what i thought and that i couldnt leave without doing SOMETHING) so i typed up a simple paper with a bunch of questions and such and allowed the whole message to be not that they were in a cult but that they should constantly ask questions. idk what happened, if anyone woke up or not because the older members tried to surround me so i quickly finished passing out the papers and grabbed a backpack and started hitchhiking.
keep in midn this guy came out at the perfect time. in the 60s when the hippies were wanting world peace lol right at the time when they were rebelling and questioning EVERYTHING. isnt that interesting?
here is what i think. the place was evil (many many odd thigns happened here that let me know this was a breeding ground for dark forces...). but it pretends to be lgith to attract light. i mean if darkness is odviously darkness will light be attracted to it? no. so the evilest will more than likely trick the light. kinda like the government lol. but. we are wise beings. so beautifula nd intricate and wise and profound. would we really fall for it if we didnt want to experience it?
light/dark
day/night
in/out
government/god
heaven/hell
good/evil
right/wrong
strong/weak
yes/no
bliss/depression
the list goes on and on into infinity and it comes from infinity lol so basically what i am trying to say is for everythign tehre is an opposite. there are forces of dark and forces of light and guess who is in between? humanity.
we have our ups and our downs
we feel happy we feel sad
we stand up we stand down
we do right and we do wrong
we get the ebst of both worlds. the "angels" may only experience the light. the "demons" may only expereince the dark. humans expereince both. AND WE GET TO CHOOSE!! whatever we want. we are Gods greatest creation. i think we just flow from universe to universe. from planet to planet enjoying Gods playground he created specially for us. seeing what each one is about and what it has to offer and what experiences or non experiences it has to offer or not offer. lol
but it seems pretty evident to me that at this time, here on earth, we are experiencing good AND evil. we canchoose to be good and battle evil or be evil and battle good. or we may be good and allow evil or we could be neutral. becuase i think since God created light and dark he is not to be for or against either. he is the sunrise and the sunset,. he is dusk and dawn. he is grey. he is neutral.
:-)
peace and love brothers and sisters... actually you all deserve to be named much better than brother and sister...

peace and love Self

karrie kay
kayk1988@aol.com